Registrars – changes in response to COVID-19
As from today [March 23], Aberdeen City Council has introduced the following measures in relation to registration service (Births, Deaths, Marriages, Still-Births, Civil Partnership and Citizenship Ceremonies) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Birth registrations have been suspended until further notice.
• Face to face still birth registrations and face to face death registrations have been suspended until further notice. We are awaiting emergency legislation changes and will update our website when the information is available.
• New measures are in place for our civil ceremonies. A maximum of 4 people can attend a civil ceremony at our offices. This includes the couple and their witnesses.
• Pre-booked civil ceremonies must also adhere to the current attendee restrictions of 4 persons.
• Any marriage/civil partnership paperwork which was due for collection (eg schedules) will be from Marischal College.
• Notice of marriage or civil partnership can only be accepted by post to Marischal College. Please do not send your documentation if your wedding is any further than 6 weeks ahead.
• Should you wish to postpone or cancel a marriage or civil partnership ceremony, please contact the office as soon as possible on 01224 522616. If you wish to cancel you will be entitled to a full refund or we can hold onto your booking until you have decided on another date.
• Citizenship Ceremonies have been postponed until further notice.
• Request for historical certificates are only be available via our online service at present.