Community Festive Fund supports events across Aberdeen
Schools and community groups have received financial support for festive events through the Aberdeen City Council Community Festive Fund.
The Community Festive Fund was established to encourage organisations and groups to come together within their own communities during the Christmas and Hogmanay period to celebrate community wellbeing and inclusion.
The fund (which has now closed for 2017) provided a small financial grant to community groups and organisations arranging a celebration for their local community or continuing to grow and develop an existing event which may already be held in Aberdeen.
Groups received up to £500 subject to eligibility and monies available once all funding applications have been received for consideration.
Aberdeen City Council Culture spokesperson, Councillor Marie Boulton said “Whilst Christmas in Aberdeen provides a number of excellent events across the city centre, I’m really pleased that we can also support smaller events for neighbours and interest groups to share and enjoy in the heart of their community.
“Many residents in the city give up their free time to help organise these events over the festive season and this money can ease the financial burden, and in many cases help these events to grow”.
Groups that have recieved support include:
· Mastrick Community Centre
· Middlefield Community Project
· CLICC Ltd (Community Link Childcare)
· Northfield Community Council
· Oldmachar Community Preschool
· Oldmachar Out of School Clubs
· Printfield Community Project
· Regensburg Court Tenants Association
· Rosemount Community Learning Account
· Seaton School Fund
· Sheddocksley Community Association
· St Peters Parent Council
· Torry Memories and Heritage Centre
· VSA Forest Grove
· Woodside Junior Group