Community Festive Fund Launched
Applications are being invited for Aberdeen City Council's Community Festive Fund 2021.
The Community Festive Fund, which was established to encourage organisations and groups to come together within their own communities during the Christmas and Hogmanay periods, is designed to celebrate community wellbeing and togetherness.
Small financial grants are available for community groups and organisations to help arrange celebrations within their local community or to grow and develop an existing event which may already be held in Aberdeen.
Subject to eligibility, up to £350 is on offer to groups and organisations who apply. Funds are allocated once all applications have been received for consideration. Due to the number of applications anticipated, it is likely that funds will be allocated on a proportional basis.
Aberdeen City Council leader Councillor Jenny Laing said: “Our city centre can be a very special place at Christmas, offering great shopping and hosting events, but we want communities across Aberdeen to enjoy the council’s support in making the festive season sparkle.
“Many residents give up their own free time to help organise local events and the Community Festive Fund can help towards paying for venue hire, transport, entertainment or catering.
“Applications are welcome from all, and we are especially interested in hearing from new groups who wish to benefit from the fund. This is a great chance to bring festive joy to the heart of our communities.”
- The Christmas event must be held between 22nd November and 30th December 2021 within the City of Aberdeen;
- the Hogmanay event must be held between 31st December 2021 and 02nd January 2022 within the City of Aberdeen;
- only one application per group will be considered;
- applications must be from a constituted group or organisation;
- the event must take place in a venue in Aberdeen and be for the benefit of the
- the funding can be used for the purposes of entertainment, venue hire, transport, staffing, decoration or catering;
- none of the monies requested or received can be used for the purchase or supply of alcohol at the proposed event.
The Council will endeavor to award the amount requested. However, due to the number of applications anticipated and to ensure a fair allocation of funds, groups may receive a percentage reduction on their request.
Alternatively, further information is available the City Events team on (01224) 522802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form for the Community Festive Fund can be found online and should be returned by 12noon on Friday 29th October 2021.