Business sessions boost Skills for Growth
An innovative service which helps employers achieve their potential by getting the best out of their workforce is the focus of an upcoming Business Boosters session.
Roddy Innes of Skills Development Scotland will deliver the lunchtime session, Skills for Growth, at Marischal College on Monday, 27 November.
Roddy, SDS’s employer engagement adviser in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, works with the Skills for Growth service. During the session he will explain how Skills for Growth can work with employers to:
- discuss business priorities, objectives and challenges;
- support employers to match these objectives to their staff and existing skill set;
- identify current and future skills requirements including discussion ofthe new Apprenticeship family and work-based learning;
- produce a People and Skills Action Plan aligned to the business objectives
- maximise funding support to help pay for training and development.
The Business Boosters Skills for Growth session will run from 12pm to 2pm and include a networking lunch.
Business Boosters seminars are run by Aberdeen City Council to help city firms realise their full potential and cover a diverse range of topics, including
crowdfunding, non-domestic rates, developing your future workforce, and business finance.
For more information about Skills for Growth visit www.ourskillsforce.co.uk.
To book at place visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-boosters-skills-for-growth-tickets-39250956668